Roof Checkup Guide for Homeowners in Anchorage, AK
A checkup on your roof system in the fall and spring will help diagnose potential problems early
When cleaning your gutters or inspecting your roof system, remember important ladder safety tips:
• Make sure the ladder is on solid, level ground.
• Secure the ladder at the top to prevent it from slipping.
• Inspect the ladder, rungs and rails for damage.
• Extend the ladder at least 3 feet beyond the gutter, and angle it 1 foot back from the house for every 4 feet in eave height.
• Always use both hands when climbing the ladder.
Once on the ladder, you should look for:
• Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles' life expectancy.
• Loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
• Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
Before you hire a roofing contractor, do your homework:
• Check for a contractor's permanent place of business, telephone number and tax identification number.
• Check references from prior customers.
• Ask the contractor about material and workmanship warranties.
Use the following form to record your roof system's checkup each fall and spring.
If you diagnose a problem, call today for a free estimate 907-561-1460.
The federal government offers tax incentives and credits for energy-saving home repairs.
The resell value of your home will increase.
New roof technology, including metal roofs, enables home owners to enjoy a long-lasting roof that reduces heat absorption by over 45 percent.
Many homeowners’ insurance plans offer discounts for having a quality roof.
Our high-quality roof products come with a manufacturer’s warranty, along with our own workmanship warranty, customer satisfaction guarantee.
Member of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
Lic # AA20378